Understanding Your Math Standards: Whole Number Concepts K-5 - 28391
K -5 math teachers will be able to deconstruct grade-level TEKS into what students must know and be able to do in a mathematics lesson. In this face-to-face session, the focus will be on using concrete to pictorial to abstract modes of instruction and scaffolding in order to teach whole number concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and place value. Connections between multiple understanding of key concepts within a strand and across strands of the mathematics TEKS will be discussed.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Assistant Principals, Instructional Leaders, Principals, Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - Special Education, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- All Aboard! Early Childhood Beginning Teacher Academy (ECSE, PK, K Teachers)
- From Worksheets to Workstations - Virtual
- Help, I Have a Newcomer!
- Itinerant Teacher of the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Virtual Networking Meetings - Virtual
- Math Workshop University
- New Teacher of the Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing Virtual Snack and Share - Virtual
- R-1-1 Math Now: K-5 Focus Lessons - An Asynchronous Professional Learning Session - Online
- R-1-1 Math Now: K-5 Learning Stations - An Asynchronous Professional Learning Session - Online
- Take a Step Toward IEP Quality and Rigor
- Title III Effective Early Childhood Instruction for Young ELs