Rookie School for Secondary Math: Talking Math - Using Rigorous Tasks to Promote Math Discourse - 28081
Can we talk? Using the definition of literacy, this session will focus on mathematical literacy and discourse. Rigorous routines like Which One Doesn't Belong, Open Middle, and Notice and Wonder will build the foundation of student collaboration and communication in your classroom. This session is paired with Rookie School: Cool Math - Leveraging Math Technology to Build Mastery offered in the morning. You are welcome to register for one or both!
Schedule & Location
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Charter School Personnel, Instructional Leaders
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Digital Tools in the Secondary Math Series: Part 2 - Web-Based Activities
- Digital Tools in the Secondary Math: Part 1 - Online Calculators
- Getting AMPed for Math Success!
- Math at your Fingertips: Tactile Learning & 2 Color Counters
- Physical Math: Algebra for All
- Rookie School for Secondary Math: A Standard Way to Look at Math - Diving into the TEKS
- Social Emotional Learning through Upstander Behavior
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Copyright - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Teen Dating Violence and Healthy Relationships - Online
- Using the 5!: Notice/Wonder and Which One Doesn't Belong