Bilingual Supplemental (164) TExES Preparation Course - 28009
With a goal to increase the number of certified Bilingual teachers who will effectively deliver instruction to English language learners, this training will provide participants with the research foundation and content addressed in the domains and competencies of the Bilingual Supplemental (164) TExES examination. As part of the development of an understanding of second-language acquisition and the challenges facing the English language learner, best practices for effective instruction will be shared. Explanations of sample exam questions will be analyzed as well as test-taking tips and techniques. The supplemental test is one part of a two-test requirement for bilingual certification. PLEASE NOTE: This is an online, self-paced course administered through Canvas. Canvas is the Learning Management System (LMS) that ESC Region 11 uses to provide online and blended learning opportunities.
Schedule & Location
Charter School Personnel, Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - General Education, Teacher Certification Candidate, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- AS+K Suicide Prevention - Virtual
- CPI: Blended Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training - Online
- ESC Region 11 Instructional Leaders' Meeting - Online
- North Texas Canvas User Group Meeting
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: EXPLICIT INSTRUCTION FOR VOCABULARY DEVELOPMENT - Virtual
- Supporting ALL Learners with the English Language Learning Center
- TexQuest: Digital Resources for K-5 Classrooms - Virtual
- TexQuest: Math and Science -- The TexQuest Dynamic Duo (6-12) - Virtual
- TexQuest: Reach and Teach ALL Learners with Britannica for K-12 - Virtual
- TREC Talks - October 2021 - Virtual