Sheltered Instruction Academy: Differentiated Instruction & Formative/Summative Assessments - 27945
(PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A TWO-DAY COURSE!) Sheltered Instruction is the bedrock of pedagogical methods in the bilingual classroom. Sheltered Instruction allows for content to be comprehensible so that students can master grade-level standards and academic language simultaneously! Join as we learn how to build the differentiated scaffolds that underpin Sheltered Instruction and make content accessible to ELs regardless of their proficiency level! Also, learn how to use formative assessments to monitor student language development and content mastery in order to monitor student progress during instruction to make the necessary adjustments that will allow them to be successful on summative assessments, including end-of-unit assessments, benchmarks, and state assessments! This is a virtual session via Zoom, and participants will earn 3 CPE credits.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Assistant Principals, Charter School Personnel, Principals, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Special Education, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 2022 Mathematics Achievement Academy, 2nd Grade
- 2022 Mathematics Achievement Academy, Kindergarten - 1st Grade
- Abydos 12-Day Summer Writing Institute
- Biliteracy Series - All in One
- Mathematics Achievement Academy: Problem Solving and Discourse, Grade 1
- Moving Early Childhood Emergent Bilingual and Migratory Students and their Families from Struggle to Success
- SLAR TEKS - What is the Difference? - Virtual
- TELPAS Success: Developing Language Acquisition in Reading and Writing
- TELPAS Success: Explicit Instruction for Vocabulary Development
- Virtual Biliteracy Series, Part 2 - Virtual