Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and English Learners - 27938
Participants will discover how culture is the software that allows individuals to make sense of their world. This session will also examine the three levels of culture. Moreover, participants will learn how to find commonalities among cultural archetypes and the attendant research-based best practices that allow those commonalities to result in rigorous language development and acquisition of academic content. Lastly, participants will explore the culturally responsive descriptors of TEA's English Learner Program Implementation Rubrics and how to ensure that their language program(s) align with these rubrics. This will be a virtual session accessed through Zoom. Participants will receive three (3) Continuing Professional Education hours once the session is complete.
Schedule & Location
Charter School Personnel, Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Assistant Principals, Principals, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- (Virtual) District-Level MTSS Team Training [Registration Only]
- Assistive Technology Lunch and Learn - Virtual - Virtual
- Co-Planning for Co-Teaching
- IEP Quality and Rigor for Complex Needs
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS) Team Training
- Structuring the Classroom through the Use of Visual Strategies - Introduction (2-day Training) - Summer 2022
- TELPAS Success: Explicit Instruction for Vocabulary Development
- Texas Dyslexia Academy 2: Dyslexia Handbook
- Texas Dyslexia Academy 2: Dyslexia Handbook - Virtual
- Texas Dyslexia Academy: Dyslexia Foundations