Sheltered Instruction Overview/Refresher Virtual - 27929
Sheltered Instruction is the bedrock of pedagogical methods in the bilingual classroom. Sheltered Instruction allows for content to be comprehensible so that students can master grade-level standards and academic language simultaneously! Whether you are brand new to Sheltered Instruction or need to brush up on some specifics, join us as we explore how to ensure that Sheltered Instruction is communicated, scaffolded, and differentiated in alignment with TEA's Language Program Implementation Rubrics. Moreover, we will explore a number of high-leverage best practices to allow students to develop their academic language across all four linguistic modalities (Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing). PLEASE NOTE: This will be a two-part virtual session via Zoom on two different dates, and participants will receive credit after the second session.
Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Assistant Principals, Charter School Personnel, Principals, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 35
Registration Deadline 9/23/2021
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Gabriel Verrone ESC Region 11
This session has already started, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 9/16/2021 4:00 pm
- Biliteracy Series: Developing Oracy in the Reading Workshop - Virtual
- Differentiated Supports for Our Young ELs in a Spanish Bilingual Classroom
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: 2-day Training for Elementary Teachers
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: Differentiated Instruction & Formative/Summative Assessments - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: EXPLICIT INSTRUCTION FOR VOCABULARY DEVELOPMENT - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: Lesson Planning - Integrating the ELPS & TELPAS - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction: Developing Language Acquisition in Reading and Writing - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - FERPA: Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act - Online
- Title III Effective Early Childhood Instruction for Young ELs - Virtual
- Utilizing Sheltered Instruction in a Bilingual Classroom - Virtual