Sheltered Instruction Overview/Refresher - 27927
Sheltered Instruction is the bedrock of pedagogical methods in the bilingual classroom. Sheltered Instruction allows for content to be comprehensible so that students can master grade-level standards and academic language simultaneously! Whether you are brand new to Sheltered Instruction or just need to brush up on some specifics, join us as we explore how to ensure that Sheltered Instruction is communicated, scaffolded, and differentiated in alignment with TEA's Language Program Implementation Rubrics. Moreover, we will explore a number of high-leverage best practices to allow students to develop their academic language across all four linguistic modalities (Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing). This will be a virtual session via Zoom, and participants will receive three (3) Continuing Professional Education (CPE) hours.
Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Assistant Principals, Charter School Personnel, Principals, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
It is too late to register for this session.
Offered Again On
- Biliteracy Series: Developing Oracy in the Reading Workshop - Virtual
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and English Learners - Virtual
- Differentiated Supports for Our Young ELs in a Spanish Bilingual Classroom
- Sheltered Instruction Academy Series: Developing Language Acquisition in Listening and Speaking - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: 2-day Training for Elementary Teachers
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: EXPLICIT INSTRUCTION FOR VOCABULARY DEVELOPMENT - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: Lesson Planning - Integrating the ELPS & TELPAS - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction Overview/Refresher - Virtual
- Sheltered Instruction: Developing Language Acquisition in Reading and Writing - Virtual
- Title III Effective Early Childhood Instruction for Young ELs - Virtual