Literacy for All! Designing Inclusive Literacy Learning Environments, Foundational Literacy Skills, Kindergarten to Grade 12 (focus on grades 4-12) - 27618
This session addresses the needs of students in grades 4-12 who struggle with text comprehension because they lack proficiency in early reading skills. Participants will explore how cognitive processes associated with disabilities impact the learning of foundational literacy skills. They will build knowledge of how to use the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework, how to design supports (including assistive technology), and how to accommodate for the impact of a disability. This session was developed by the Inclusion in TX Network and the TEA. It is aligned with the HB 3 Reading Academies, which K-3 educators must still attend.
Charter School Personnel, Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Special Education, Coordinators, Instructional Leaders, Principals
Dates for learners to "drive-thru" and pick-up session materials at the ESC-Region 11 will be emailed prior to the session.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session is closed for registrations.
Offered Again On
- 2021-2022 Annual District Testing Coordinator Training - Face-to-Face
- AS+K Suicide Prevention - Virtual
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and English Learners - Virtual
- Hearing Screener Certification
- INSIGHT: Instructional Leaders Advisory Meeting 2021-2022 - Online
- Sheltered Instruction Academy: EXPLICIT INSTRUCTION FOR VOCABULARY DEVELOPMENT - Virtual
- TREC Talks - November 2021 - Virtual
- TREC Talks - September 2021 - Virtual
- Tuesday Tips for Increasing Confidence and Perseverance: Building Self-Efficacy - Online
- Vision Screener Certification