Literacy for All! Designing Inclusive Literacy Learning Environments, Foundational Literacy Skills, Kindergarten to Grade 12 (focus on grades 4-12) Virtual - 27618
This session addresses the needs of students in grades 4-12 who struggle with text comprehension because they lack proficiency in early reading skills. Participants will explore how cognitive processes associated with disabilities impact the learning of foundational literacy skills. They will build knowledge of how to use the Universal Design for Learning (UDL) framework, how to design supports (including assistive technology), and how to accommodate for the impact of a disability. This session was developed by the Inclusion in TX Network and the TEA. It is aligned with the HB 3 Reading Academies, which K-3 educators must still attend.
Charter School Personnel, Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Special Education, Coordinators, Instructional Leaders, Principals
Dates for learners to "drive-thru" and pick-up session materials at the ESC-Region 11 will be emailed prior to the session.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 2
Registration Deadline 7/29/2021 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Annissa Macon ESC Region 11, Kelsie Lumadue ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 7/13/2021 9:00 am
- 2020-2021 Webinar Series: Taking the Helm and Navigating Accountability - Virtual
- Customized Employment: Where Are You at Your Best? - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Home on the Range for K- through Second-Grade
- Engage by Design Content Series: Science Digital Interactive Notebooking for 6-8 - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Science Digital Interactive Notebooking for K-5 - Virtual
- Habitat: What's Your Environment? (Youth) - Virtual
- Math for All! Designing Inclusive Mathematics Learning Environments (K-3) - Virtual
- Online Testing: Are You Ready? - Virtual
- Overview: Adopted Revisions to 19 TAC Rule 89.1070 - Graduation Requirements - Virtual
- Tuesday Tips for Increasing Confidence and Perseverance: Building Self-Efficacy - Virtual