Customized Employment: Everyone Can Work! Discovering Individual Potential - 27568
This free session introduces participants to Customized Employment (CE) and Discovering Personal Genius. At the core of CE lies one fundamental belief: Everyone Can Work. CE presumes the competence of all people and provides a set of strategies to learn what we need to know about students to support them with identifying opportunities and create win-win employment. Join us to learn the basics of CE and to begin to build your targeted employment action plan. It is highly recommended that parents, educators, and VR also attend additional support sessions to fully support youth with disabilities: Using Handheld Technology | Where Are You At Your Best? | Know Your Value! Let's Start Work! | Earning Money and Social Security Benefits!
Schedule & Location
Charter School Personnel, Parents, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Transition Specialists to Transition Personnel, Community/Public, LSSP (Licensed Specialist in School Psychology), Occupational Therapists
This project will be targeted to students, parents, educators, and VR to learn introductory aspects of the customized employment process that focus on Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS). The targeted students will be in the 8th, 9th, 10th or 12th- grade, and range in age from 14-22 years old, are currently participating in a recognized educational program, and have a mild to moderate disability. TWC is developing policy and services related to Customized Employment.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- CPI: Blended Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training - Virtual
- Customized Employment: Know Your Value! Let's Start Work! - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: STEMulating Design Challenges in Science, Grades 9-12
- Math for All! Designing Inclusive Mathematics Learning Environments (K-3) - Virtual
- Overview: Adopted Revisions to 19 TAC Rule 89.1070 - Graduation Requirements - Virtual
- SELf Care for Educators (LPC CREDIT ONLY) - Virtual
- TexQuest: K-12 eBooks for the Classroom - Virtual
- TREC Talks - May 2021 - Virtual
- Tuesday Tips for Increasing Confidence and Perseverance: Building Self-Efficacy
- What's Sliming You? (Youth) - Virtual