First-Year Assistant Principal Academy 2021-2022 - 27526
Through four half-day sessions at the ESC and three individual on-campus coaching sessions, first-time assistant principals will be provided with a structured, systemic induction experience during their first year. This academy helps participants and districts meet the requirements of 19 TAC 241.25: (a) A principal or assistant principal employed for the first time as a campus administrator (including the first time in the state) shall participate in an induction period of at least one year. (b) The induction period should be a structured, systemic process for assisting the new principal or assistant principal in further developing skills in guiding the everyday operation of a school, adjusting to the particular culture of a school district, and developing a personal awareness of self in the campus administrator role. Mentoring support must be an integral component of the induction.
Assistant Principals, Instructional Leaders, Principal Certification Candidate
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 33
Registration Deadline 7/13/2022
Credit Type Administrator Training
T-PESS 1C & 1D,2B,2C,2D,3C,4A,4B,5A,1B
Meredith Perry ESC Region 11, Terrilyn Gray Dogbe ESC Region 11
This session has already started, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 1/26/2022 9:00 am
- Advancing Educational Leadership (AEL)
- DMAC Academy 21-22, Day 2: Online Testing & Local Assessments in DMAC Face-Face & Virtual
- Elevating Co-Teaching through UDL: An Administrator's View - Virtual
- Gifted Education and the School Counselor (Counselor GT Update) - Virtual
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS) Team Training
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support (PBIS) Overview - Online Canvas Course - Online
- Prioritizing Excellence Conference
- Progress Monitoring TELPAS: The ELPS-TELPAS Connection for Administrators
- Standards-Based Individualized Education Program (IEP) Process Training for Administrators
- The ABCs and 123s of Supporting Early Childhood for Administrators