2021 Mathematics Achievement Academy, 2nd Grade - 27318
Second-grade teachers from eligible schools will (1) examine TEKS-based learning progressions and critical checkpoints for student understanding and (2) experience classroom-ready activities, including formative assessment and follow-up activities that account for learner variability. Teachers will build a toolkit of strategies and key questions for students with disabilities, English language learners, students struggling to learn mathematics, and gifted learners. Structures that provide opportunities for meaningful practice and feedback will be explored. With hands-on activities focusing on grade-level TEKS, this academy is designed to strengthen teachers' knowledge of mathematics concepts and processes, improve overall mathematics instruction, and support student success. Upon successful completion, eligible second-grade teachers will receive a stipend.
Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - Special Education
Participants should bring their own fully-charged electronic device for use in the session.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session is closed for registrations.
- (Denton ISD) Cross Linguistic Connections for Middle School Bilingual Classrooms - Virtual
- 2021 Mathematics Achievement Academy, Kindergarten - 1st Grade
- Bilingual Supplemental (164) TExES Preparation Course - Online
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and English Learners - Virtual
- Effective Read Alouds in Early Childhood Classrooms with English Learners - Virtual
- Marzano's 6-Step Process for Learning Vocabulary for English Learners - Virtual
- Mathematics Achievement Academy: Problem Solving and Discourse, Grade 1 (Blended) - Virtual
- Mathematics Achievement Academy: Problem Solving and Discourse, Kindergarten (Blended) - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - FERPA: Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act - Online
- Utilizing Sheltered Instruction in a Bilingual Classroom