Early Childhood: Teaching Male Learners of Color Teaching Lab - 27190
It has been proven that a student's readiness for Kindergarten after attending a Pre-K program and his or her preparedness following the Kindergarten year are strong predictors of later success in third and fourth grade. Unfortunately, data indicates that only 14 percent of African-American males and 18 percent of Latino males were reading at or above grade level by grade 4 (NAEP, 2013). Additionally, 18 percent of African-American males and 28 percent of Latino males demonstrated math proficiency at or above grade level by grade 4 (NAEP, 2013). Are you an early education teacher with boys of color in your class? Are you looking for more ways to engage your boys of color and grow their academic outcomes? Are you a thinker and a doer? If so, join us for this session as we explore ways to impact the learning success of these students.
Charter School Personnel, Instructional Leaders, Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - Bilingual Education Program, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - General Education
All sessions in this series will be virtual with the exception of Part #5, Healthy Competition to take place on Wednesday, June 23rd, 2021 from 9-11am which will be in person.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session is closed for registrations.
- 2020-2021 Webinar Series: Taking the Helm and Navigating Accountability - Virtual
- Creating a Quality Library Collection - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Home on the Range for K- through Second-Grade
- Engage by Design Content Series: Home on the Range for Third-through Fifth Grade Science
- INSIGHT: Instructional Leaders Advisory Meeting 2021-2022
- K-12 State-wide STEM Teacher Training
- Literacy for All! Designing Inclusive Literacy Learning Environments, Foundational Literacy Skills, Kindergarten to Grade 12 (focus on grades 4-12) - Virtual
- SELf Care for Educators (LPC CREDIT ONLY) - Virtual
- Structuring the Classroom through the Use of Visual Strategies - Introduction (2-day Training) - Summer 2021
- TexQuest: Ramp up Students Learning with Learn360 - Virtual