BOOKSTUDY: Visible Learning for Social Studies - 26603
Join us as we explore the book, Visible Learning for Social Studies by Julie Stern, and discover that Social Studies is not simply a memorization of dates and facts, but rather the skillful ability to conduct investigations, analyze sources, place events in historical context, and synthesize divergent points of view. Participants will access all course content through a Google site starting September 1. To receive credit for the 6 hours of CPE, participants will be required to submit evidence of completion of the activities throughout the book study. Participants will need to purchase a copy of the book to participate. All coursework must be completed and submitted by October 6, and certificates will be awarded within two weeks of the course ending.
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - General Education
a copy (in any form) of the book Visible Learning for Social Studies by Julie Stern and access to the internet
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session is closed for registrations.
Offered Again On
- Engage by Design Content Series: Forgotten Voices in History - Online
- Engage by Design Content Series: 21st Century Skills through Social Studies
- Engage by Design Digital Tool Series: Canvas PLN (Secondary) - Virtual
- Engage by Design Digital Tools Series: Curate Content and Formatively Assess Using Edpuzzle - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Bullying Prevention - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Internet Safety - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Sexual Harassment - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Suicide Prevention - Online
- Targeting Rigor through Differentiation in Math: Grades K-5 GT Credit
- Teacher of the Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing Online Book Study: "The Writing Strategies Book" by Serravallo (Spring Session) - Online