Parenting and Paternity Awareness (p.a.p.a.) - Virtual (Zoom) - 26160
The Office of the Attorney General will present Parenting and Paternity Awareness (p.a.p.a.) training (virtually). Participants will receive materials and training to implement the program in high schools as required in HB 2176. The curriculum consists of 14 sessions dealing with paternity and child support laws, skills for healthy relationships, financial implications of becoming a parent, impact of father involvement, and relationship violence prevention. This is not a sex education curriculum. Nurses will receive 4.25 Type I CNE credit upon filling out the AG's office online evaluation. NOTE: There will be a 90-minute break from 11:00 a.m.- 12:30 p.m.
Schedule & Location
Charter School Personnel, Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Counselors, Nurses
Participants need a charged device - laptop, tablet, mac, or pc, with a working camera and a microphone.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 2020-2021 Webinar Series: Taking the Helm and Navigating Accountability - Virtual
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and English Learners - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Home on the Range for K- through Second-Grade
- Habitat: What's Your Environment? (Youth) - Virtual
- Structuring the Classroom through the Use of Visual Strategies - Introduction (4-day Training) - Virtual Spring 2020 - Virtual
- TexQuest: K-12 eBooks for the Classroom - Virtual
- TexQuest: TexQuest + Digital Tools = Powerful Projects and Assessments - Virtual
- Tuesday Tips for Increasing Confidence and Perseverance: Building Self-Efficacy - Virtual
- What's Cooking? (Youth) - Virtual
- What's Sliming You? (Youth) - Virtual