Making Sense of Problem Situations through Rich Tasks and Discourse: Grade 5 - 25793
This course is a blended learning opportunity in which participants will meet virtually via Zoom for Day 1 and Day 2 of the session. In between the two days, participants will be assigned course work to be completed in Canvas. The learner will engage in collaborative critical thinking and problem solving in order to design a task that builds on students' prior knowledge, targets possible student misconceptions, and incorporates questioning techniques that provoke thought and discussion. The learner will provide evidence of understanding through class discussions, formative assessments, and a course reflection.
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language)
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 26
Registration Deadline 7/28/2020
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Michelle Green ESC Region 11
This session’s start date is less than 14 days from now, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 6/18/2020 1:00 pm
- Bite-Size Summer Learning Series: Respect Agreements and Restorative Questioning - Virtual
- Corn in the Classroom
- Project-Based Learning 2.0: Digital Tools for the PBL Classroom - Virtual
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - High-Impact Questioning
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Suicide Prevention - Online
- Teaching to the Top: Lesson Design with the Gifted Learner in Mind - Virtual
- The Lone Star Literacy Institute, Grades K-2
- Twitter Toolkit
- Using Self-Assessments Effectively and Purposefully - Virtual Session - Virtual
- VIRTUAL Region 11 Teaching Lab: Demonstration of Learning - Virtual