Turning Up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Basics of Self-Selected Independent Reading - 25715
For many middle/high school educators, the idea of daily class time spent reading a book of choice feels stressful, wasteful, and difficult to structure. In this webinar, we will discuss some basic structures of independent reading time and explore ways to elevate student thinking, provide reflection opportunities, and respond to individual student need during independent reading time. We will also discuss practicalities such as book access and censorship.
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Coordinators, Principals, Teacher - General Education
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session is closed for registrations.
Offered Again On
- 8th-Grade Math STAAR Instruction Impact: An Online Course - Online
- Classroom Culture - Virtual
- Connections in History - Virtual
- ESL Supplemental (154) TExES Online Preparation Course (Independent Study) - Online
- Laying the Foundations in Science 2.0 - Virtual
- Preparing for STAAR through Math Workstations: Algebra 1 Volume 1
- Project-Based Learning Academy (2019-2020 school year) - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Bullying Prevention - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Child Abuse & Maltreatment - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Suicide Prevention - Online