Bite-Sized Language Acquisition, Instruction, and Advocacy for English Learners - 25705
In this one-hour virtual session, participants will learn about the factors involved in language acquisition. We will discuss the role Basic Interpersonal Communication Skills (BICS) & Cognitive Academic Language Proficiency (CALP) have in the classroom. Instructional strategies to target academic language needs and tips for advocating for your English learner (EL) will be shared. This bite-sized session will provide tools to support instruction and EL advocacy.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - Bilingual, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - General Education
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy and English Learners - Virtual
- Effective Interactive Word Walls for Classrooms with English Learners - Virtual
- Effective Read Alouds in Early Childhood Classrooms with English Learners - Virtual
- Frayer Models as a Vehicle for Acquiring and Using Academic Vocabulary for ELs - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - FERPA: Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act - Online
- The ELPS & TELPAS - Best Practices for Incorporating Language Modalities across the Curriculum & Classroom - Part 4 Writing - Virtual
- The ELPS & TELPAS - Best Practices for Incorporating Language Modalities across the Curriculum and the Classroom - Virtual
- Title III Effective Early Childhood Instruction for Young ELs - Virtual