Turning up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Introduction to Writer's Workshop Virtual - 25691
Are you looking for a more authentic, differentiated way to grow your writers? The structure of writerâ€™s workshop allows for real-time feedback, student choice, and individualized instruction. You will see not only that your studentsâ€™ writing shows incredible improvement, but that you will know your students better than ever before. This professional development will be a blended model of live Zoom instruction and online practice/tasks. We will cover the basics of workshop for adolescent students: structure and time, building stamina, writing mini lessons, using writerâ€™s notebooks, and responsive instruction methods such as strategy groups and writing conferences.
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Coordinators, Instructional Leaders, Principals, Teacher - General Education, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 274
Registration Deadline 7/24/2020 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Catherine Dearing ESC Region 11
This session is closed for registrations.
Offered Again On
- 7/29/2020 9:00 am
- Algebra I EOC Instruction Impact: An Online Course - Online
- Bite-Sized ELAR TEKS Overview, Grades 9-12 - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: MATH Asynchronously - Notice and Wonder (webinar) - Virtual
- H.O.T.S! Higher-Order Thinking Skills for Secondary Mathematics: Open Middle and Numberless Word Problems
- Preparing for STAAR through Math Workstations: Algebra 1 Volume 1
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Child Abuse & Maltreatment - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Internet Safety - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Suicide Prevention - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Teen Dating Violence & Abuse - Online
- Virtual Unlicensed Diabetic Care Assistant (UDCA) Training for School Personnel