Turning up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Introduction to Writer's Workshop Virtual - 25691
Are you looking for a more authentic, differentiated way to grow your writers? The structure of writerâ€™s workshop allows for real-time feedback, student choice, and individualized instruction. You will see not only that your studentsâ€™ writing shows incredible improvement, but that you will know your students better than ever before. This professional development will be a blended model of live Zoom instruction and online practice/tasks. We will cover the basics of workshop for adolescent students: structure and time, building stamina, writing mini lessons, using writerâ€™s notebooks, and responsive instruction methods such as strategy groups and writing conferences.
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Coordinators, Instructional Leaders, Principals, Teacher - General Education, Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 250
Registration Deadline 5/29/2020 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Catherine Dearing ESC Region 11
This session is closed for registrations.
Offered Again On
- 6/3/2020 9:00 am
- 7/29/2020 9:00 am - Virtual
- 8th-Grade Math STAAR Instruction Impact: An Online Course - Online
- Course Design & Delivery in Canvas (Online) - Online
- Laying the Foundations in Science 2.0 - Virtual
- Project-Based Learning 2.0: Digital Tools for the PBL Classroom - Virtual
- Project-Based Learning 2.0: High-Quality Culminating Products
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - High-Impact Questioning
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Teen Dating Violence & Abuse - Online
- Turning Up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Implementing Reading Conferences - Virtual
- VIRTUAL Region 11 Teaching Lab: Critical Reading, Writing, and Speaking (all content areas) - Virtual
- VIRTUAL Region 11 Teaching Lab: Lesson Design - Virtual