Turning up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Engaging Students with Book Clubs - 25688
When trying to grow your students as readers, they often can appear apathetic or disengaged. Many students do not read for fun or engage with text in meaningful ways...enter book clubs! Book clubs are a great way to ignite the fire leading to an exciting culture of reading in your classroom while also providing students with opportunities to collaborate with others and think critically. This session will take place in a combination of live Zoom meetings and online learning modules. In this training, you will learn the basics of hosting book clubs: text selection, grouping, quality discussion, and skill-based instruction. You will walk away excited and equipped to implement book clubs into your instruction!
Schedule & Location
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Coordinators, Instructional Leaders, Principals, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Education Pathway Summit - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Peer Feedback and Partnerships for Young Adult Readers and Writers - Virtual
- ESL Supplemental (154) TExES Online Preparation Course (Independent Study) - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Child Abuse & Maltreatment - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Copyright - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Internet Safety - Online
- TexQuest: Let's Have a Conversation about College & Career Readiness - Virtual
- Turning Up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Basics of Self-Selected Independent Reading (Asynchronous) - Online
- Turning Up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Grading without Harm - Assessment, Grades, and Mastery (Asynchronous) - Online
- Whatâ€™s NOT Wrong With Mistakes: Using Error to Build Conceptual Understanding