Turning up the Volume in Young Adult Literacy: Engaging Students with Book Clubs Virtual - 25688
When trying to grow your students as readers, they often can appear apathetic or disengaged. Many students do not read for fun or engage with text in meaningful ways...enter book clubs! Book clubs are a great way to ignite the fire leading to an exciting culture of reading in your classroom, while providing students opportunities to collaborate with others and think critically. This session will take place in a combination of live Zoom meetings and online learning modules. In this training, you will learn the basics of hosting book clubs: text selection, grouping, quality discussion, and skill-based instruction. You will walk away excited and equipped to implement book clubs into your instruction!
Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Coordinators, Instructional Leaders, Principals, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher Supervisors
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 208
Registration Deadline 5/28/2020 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Catherine Dearing ESC Region 11
This session is closed for registrations.
Offered Again On
- 6/2/2020 1:00 pm
- Connections in History - Virtual
- Course Design & Delivery in Canvas (Online) - Online
- DBQ Project
- Laying the Foundations in Science 1.0
- Project-Based Learning 2.0: Digital Tools for the PBL Classroom - Virtual
- Project-Based Learning 2.0: High-Quality Culminating Products
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Critical Reading, Writing, and Speaking (all content areas)
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Copyright - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Teen Dating Violence & Abuse - Online
- VIRTUAL Region 11 Teaching Lab: Lesson Design - Virtual