Rookie School for Secondary Math: "Talking the Talk" Using Rigorous Tasks to Promote Math Discourse Virtual - 25590
"Can we talk?" Using the definition of literacy, this session will focus on mathematical literacy and discourse. Rigorous routines like Which One Doesn't Belong?, Open Middle, and Notice and Wonder will build the foundation of student collaboration and communication in class.
Instructional Leaders, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Special Education
Participant need to bring their own devices.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 56
Registration Deadline 7/16/2021
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
David Henson ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 7/16/2021 9:00 am
- Blended Learning Academy
- Math for All! Designing Inclusive Mathematics Learning Environments (K-3) - Virtual
- North Texas Canvas User Group Meeting - Online
- Pilot R-1-1 Math Now: K-5 Learning Stations - An Asynchronous Professional Learning Session - Virtual
- R-1-1 Math Now: Fractions - Click and Drag Asynchronous Series: Grades 3-5 - Online
- R-1-1 Math Now: K-5 Focus Lessons - An Asynchronous Professional Learning Session - Online
- R-1-1 Math Now: K-5 Numeracy Routines - An Asynchronous Professional Learning Session - Online
- Rookie School for Secondary Math: "Cool Math" - Leveraging Math Technology to Build Mastery - Virtual
- Rookie School for Secondary Math: "Touching Math" Using Manipulatives to Build Concrete Understanding - Virtual
- TexQuest: K-12 eBooks for the Classroom - Virtual