Rookie School for Secondary Math: "Talking the Talk" Using Rigorous Tasks to Promote Math Discourse - 25590
"Can we talk?" Using the definition of literacy, this session will focus on mathematical literacy and discourse. Rigorous routines like Which One Doesnâ€™t Belong, Open Middle, and Notice and Wonder, will build the foundation of student collaboration and communication in class.
Instructional Leaders, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher - Special Education
Participant need to bring their own devices.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 1
Registration Deadline 7/7/2020
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
David Henson ESC Region 11, Nancy Trent ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 7/7/2020 9:00 am
- Co-Teaching: The Power of 2 (Canvas Course) - Online
- Course Design & Delivery in Canvas (Online) - Online
- Culturally Responsive Pedagogy (Zoom Cloud Meeting) - Virtual
- Data Analysis Webinar Series - Webinar 1 Performance
- Data Analysis Webinar Series - Webinar 3 Closing the Gaps
- INSIGHT - Instructional Leaders Advisory Meeting 2019-2020 - Virtual
- Rookie School for Secondary Math: "Cool Math" - Leveraging Math Technology to Build Mastery
- Rookie School for Secondary Math: "Math on a Dial" Using Problem-Solving Methods to Solve Math Mysteries
- Rookie School for Secondary Math: "Touching Math" Using Manipulatives to Build Concrete Understanding
- Using Self-Assessments Effectively and Purposefully - Virtual Session - Virtual