Corn in the Classroom - 25505
Corn in the Classroom is a K-5 curriculum that uses agricultural concepts to teach science. Many students are unaware of where their food and fiber come from, and these lessons help to fill that gap while meeting science needs. These lessons have been pilot tested by Texas teachers in their classrooms and they align to science TEKS. In this free workshop, you will get hands-on experience with the lessons under the guidance of Leigha Pate, Ed.D., teacher and Texas Corn Producers curriculum developer. Many of the resources for these lessons (such as seeds, pots, planting mediums, and more) will also be provided to you free of charge!
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten
Comfortable clothing is recommended as we will be conducting hands-on activities.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 1 Wait list
Registration Deadline 7/14/2020 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Leigha Pate, Ed.D Texas Corn Producers, Hannah Dast Texas Corn Producers
Offered Again On
- 7/13/2020 8:00 am
- 2(pi)@r11 PK-12 Mathematics Virtual Conference - Virtual
- Bite-Size Summer Learning Series: A Quick Look at Positive Behavior Intervention System (PBIS) and the Role of the Campus Team - Virtual
- Classroom Culture - Virtual
- Integrating Social Studies Streamlining TEKS with New ELAR TEKS for Elementary - Virtual
- Keys to Comprehension: One Skill at a Time, Part 2 - Virtual
- Project-Based Learning Academy (2019-2020 school year) - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Child Abuse & Maltreatment - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Copyright - Online
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Suicide Prevention - Online
- Twitter Toolkit