Bite-Size Summer Learning Series: Road Map to Collaboration: Maximize your Impact as a Speech-Language Pathologist - 25424
The role of the public school speech-language pathologist has evolved over time. Instead of working in silos, school-based SLPs engage in dynamic teaming, multidisciplinary assessment, and classroom-based service delivery. Collaboration is key to the new role of the SLP. So, why can it be challenging to communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues? We are SLPs! Aren't we communication experts? The truth is that effective communication and collaboration is not always natural and intrinsic; it is like any other skill, and it must be studied and practiced in order to be acquired. In this workshop, we will identify what we as SLPs need to do to foster collaborative relationships in the school setting, discuss strategies needed to empower us when conflicts arise, and explore collaborative service delivery models that foster student growth through a team-based approach.
Schedule & Location
Have two or three hours? Then come join us this summer as we offer a series of mini sessions on evidence-based strategies that will help you improve student learning. The intended outcome is that participants will increase their repertoire of learning strategies that have been shown to be effective for learners with unique learning needs.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Statewide SLP Webinar #1: Ready-to-Use Social Skills Resources to Use Effectively in Telehealth Services for Children with High-Functioning ASD
- Statewide SLP Webinar #2: Best Practice for the Use of Standardized Assessment Tools for Speech-Language Evaluations, with Considerations for Remote Administration
- Statewide SLP Webinar #3: Best Practice for the Use of Informal Assessment Measures for Speech-Language Evaluations, with Considerations for Remote Administration
- Statewide SLP Webinar #4: Speech Impairment (SI) Legal
- Statewide SLP Webinar #5: Getting Started Addressing Swallowing and Feeding in the Schools
- Statewide SLP Webinar #6: Sorting through the Details of Addressing Swallowing and Feeding in the Schools
- Statewide SLP Webinar #7 - Doin' the Three-Step: Intentionally Moving Language Forward through Augmentative Communication (Focus on Language)
- Statewide SLP Webinar #8 - Doin' the Three-Step: Intentionally Moving Language Forward through Augmentative Communication (Begin Augmenting)
- Statewide SLP Webinar #9 - Doin' the Three-Step: Intentionally Moving Language Forward through Augmentative Communication (Make a Decision on the Personal System)