Human Body - Teaching Biology with "Es" - Student-Centered Lessons - 25298
Need a ready-to-use, rigorous, engaging biology lesson? Join us for a hands-on workshop where participants will experience and receive classroom-ready 5E lessons designed to engage students at the rigor of the TEKS using research-tested best practices. Teachers will gain an understanding of how to implement effective learning activities that support a diversity of biology students, including English learners and struggling learners, through Tier 1 activities. The Human Body lesson includes formative assessment that uncovers student misconceptions and components of Universal Design for Learning. This lesson is part of a series, developed by ESC Region 4, that supports campus data-based decision making by allowing educators and campus leaders to choose sessions that target weak curricular areas. Teachers are provided with a conceptually unified lesson that puts students at the center.
Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Coordinators, Instructional Leaders, Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher Supervisors
Bring technology for accessing the Region 4 bookshelf and for creating pieces and taking notes during lesson practice pieces. Attendees will receive access to the Human Body lesson. During the session, participants will plan and practice implementation of each component with peer feedback.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 30
Registration Deadline 6/11/2020 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
T-PESS 1A,1B,1C & 1D,3B,4B,5B,5C
Cheryl Bowden ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 6/15/2020 8:30 am
- CHAMPS - A Proactive and Positive Approach to Classroom Management for K-12 Classrooms
- Civil War Era Documents & Texas History: Investigation Workshop at the Pearce Museum
- Including and Instructing Students with Visual Impairment in General Education Classrooms - Online Study - Online
- Project-Based Learning 2.0: Digital Tools for the PBL Classroom
- Project-Based Learning Academy (2019-2020 school year)
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Critical Reading, Writing, and Speaking (all content areas)
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Demonstration of Learning
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Essentials for Impact
- Twitter Toolkit
- What to Do When the Kids Just Don't Get It