See Me. Know Me. BE ME!! - An Immersion Experience - Spring 2020 Online - 25075
Learn what a Specific Learning Disability looks like and feels like. The course opens by establishing "the why." The learning journey continues with hands-on interactions/simulations, video examples, guiding prompts, and learner reflection. Learners walk through evidence-based support strategies for struggling students. The last section of the course helps learners understand how to identify and leverage student strengths and then apply knowledge of strategies for a student case study. As learners engage in this self-paced, online course, UDL Guidelines are modeled for participants by providing multiple means for the "WHY," "WHAT," and "HOW" of this learning. Participants will have ongoing access to the content and a bank of strategies to meet the just-in-time demands of today's classroom instructional planning.
Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Special Education, Assistant Principals, Charter School Personnel, Community, Diagnosticians, Parents, Principals
None Learning Objectives: Educators will- ** Understand what a Specific Learning Disability looks like and feels like **Understand specific cognitive processes/abilities/areas that are evaluated **Describe academic difficulties associated with the cognitive areas. **List specific instructional Considerations teachers should include when planning lessons. **Revise a lesson plan to include intentional planning for differentiation.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 100
Registration Deadline 4/15/2020 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
T-PESS 1B,1C & 1D
Linda McDonald Walker ESC 11, Stefanie Cassels ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 4/1/2020 8:00 am
- 2(pi)@r11 PK-12 Mathematics Mini Conference
- Abydos 12-Day Summer Writing Institute
- Don't Worry . . . Be Appy! Math Apps for K-2 Students
- Laying the Foundations in Science 2.0
- Loose Canons: Critical Approaches to Classic Texts
- Project-Based Learning 2.0: High-Quality Culminating Products
- Project-Based Learning Academy (2019-2020 school year)
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Classroom Culture
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Lesson Design
- Talking across the Aisle: Take Winning off the Table