See Me. Know Me. BE ME!! - An Immersion Experience - Spring 2020 - 25075
Learn what a Specific Learning Disability looks like and feels like. The course opens by establishing "the why." The learning journey continues with hands-on interactions/simulations, video examples, guiding prompts, and learner reflection. Learners walk through evidence-based support strategies for struggling students. The last section of the course helps learners understand how to identify and leverage student strengths and then apply knowledge of strategies for a student case study. As learners engage in this self-paced, online course, UDL Guidelines are modeled for participants by providing multiple means for the "WHY," "WHAT," and "HOW" of this learning. Participants will have ongoing access to the content and a bank of strategies to meet the just-in-time demands of today's classroom instructional planning.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Special Education, Assistant Principals, Charter School Personnel, Community, Diagnosticians, Parents, Principals
None Learning Objectives: Educators will- ** Understand what a Specific Learning Disability looks like and feels like **Understand specific cognitive processes/abilities/areas that are evaluated **Describe academic difficulties associated with the cognitive areas. **List specific instructional Considerations teachers should include when planning lessons. **Revise a lesson plan to include intentional planning for differentiation.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 16 Habits of Mind (Zoom Cloud Meeting) - Virtual
- Dyslexia Identification -Virtual - Virtual
- Google Classroom Educators PLN - Virtual
- Including and Instructing Students with Visual Impairment in General Education Classrooms - Online Study - Online
- Laying the Foundations in Science 1.0 - Virtual
- Parenting and Paternity Awareness (p.a.p.a.) - Virtual (Zoom)
- Project-Based Learning Academy (2019-2020 school year) - Virtual
- Small-Group Math Instruction and Differentiation, Grades 3-8
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Section 504 - Online
- When to Ditch Devices