CPI: Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Initial Two-Day Certification Training - 24187
This 12-hour training course, geared toward educational staff, is for certification through the Crisis Prevention Institute. The Nonviolent Crisis Intervention Training Program is a comprehensive crisis management system based on the philosophy of providing the best care, welfare, safety, and security for staff and those in their care. Participants will be trained to recognize the warning signs that often precede student escalation into crisis, learn verbal de-escalation techniques, and practice techniques to provide for student safety and security. Participants must complete all exercises and demonstrate required competency in this two-day workshop to receive certification from the Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI). Participants are expected to meet both written and physical standards.
Charter School Personnel, Counselors, Teacher - General Education, Teacher - Special Education, LSSP (Licensed Specialist in School Psychology), Paraprofessionals
You must be an employee of a Region 11 public or charter school to attend. Participants from outside the Region 11 service area will not be able to attend.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left Full
Registration Deadline 2/20/2020
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Michael Tucker ESC Region 11, Elizabeth Schrader ESC Region 11, Gary Alderson ESC Region 11
This session has reached its capacity, and is no longer open for enrollment, or has been closed for other reasons.
- Appendix H - Data Sources Webinar Series - Live Online
- Child Nutrition Spring Directors Update (Zoom)
- Math for All! Designing Inclusive Mathematics Learning Environments (K-3)
- Preparing for STAAR through Math Workstations: Grade 6 Volume 1
- Preparing for STAAR through Math Workstations: Grade 7 Volume 1
- School Nutrition: TDA Spring Reports (ZOOM/WEBINAR ONLY)
- Spinal Screener Certification
- Structuring the Classroom through the Use of Visual Strategies - Introduction (2-day Training) - Summer 2020
- Tidbit Tuesday (Zoom Only)
- Who Said Teaching Boys Was Challenging?