Gifted/Talented Online: Engaging Gifted Students by Adding Depth and Complexity/TPSP Online - 23182
The purpose of this online course is to not only contribute to the GT 30-hour requirement but also to provide participants with an understanding of Depth and Complexity with a variety of strategies that can be implemented in their classroom. Along with a newfound understanding of the Texas Performance Standards Project (TPSP), Depth and Complexity will be examined through the lens of the eight elements of depth: Language of the Discipline, Details, Patterns, Trends, Rules, Ethics, Unanswered Question, and Big Ideas (Concepts). Participants will contribute to the discussion boards, share their own experiences, and research related information. This workshop is aligned to the Texas State Board for Educator Certification (SBEC) teaching standards for Gifted Education and the combined standards set forth by the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) and the National Association for Gifted.
Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Instructional Leaders, Teacher - General Education
To begin your session, 2 hours after registration, log into the online classroom at https://esc11.instructure.com. Your username is your email address. Your password should match what was used during registration. If you are unable to recall your password, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left Full
Registration Deadline 5/29/2020
Credit Type G/T - Curriculum
T-PESS 1A,1B,1C & 1D
Clinton Rodriguez ESC Region 11
This session has reached its capacity, and is no longer open for enrollment, or has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- 1/13/2020 8:00 am
- G/T 6-Hour Update: Reaching Overlooked and Underserved Populations
- Gifted/Talented Online: Identification and Assessment of Gifted/Talented Students - Online
- Gifted/Talented Series: Creativity and Critical Thinking for GT Students
- Gifted/Talented Series: Models of Differentiated Instruction for GT Students
- Gifted/Talented Series: Models of Differentiated Instruction for GT Students - Live Online
- Gifted/Talented Series: Nature and Needs of GT Students
- Perspective & Point of View
- Project-Based Learning 2.0: Digital Tools for the PBL Classroom
- Project-Based Learning 2.0: High-Quality Culminating Products
- Project-Based Learning Academy (2019-2020 school year)