Laying the Foundations in Science 1.0 - 23022
Laying the Foundations in Science 1.0 will focus on four topics: Classroom Management; Authentic Writing in Science, Formative Assessment Tools in Science, and Building Academic Vocabulary in the science classroom. Participants will attend all four three-hour sessions over a two-day period. This session will be a blend of Zoom and Canvas platforms. A pre-assignment will be provided approximately one week in advance of the start of the session. A variety of online tools teachers can use in their own virtual or face to face classes will be embedded.
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher Certification Candidate, Coordinators, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - Special Education, Teacher Supervisors
This session will be a blended session with some work through Zoom and some work through Canvas. Due to the move to a blended format, some portions will be modified to accommodate the settings. This is NOT a self-paced session, so virtual attendance and participation is required to receive credit.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 1 wait list seats left
Registration Deadline 7/20/2020 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Cheryl Bowden ESC Region 11
Offered Again On
- 7/21/2020 8:30 am
- ESL Supplemental (154) TExES Online Preparation Course (Independent Study) - Online
- Growing Great Readers: One Small Group at a Time! - Live Online
- K-2 Elementary Extravaganza: It Takes BIG HEARTS to Shape Little Minds
- Project-Based Learning Academy (2019-2020 school year) - Live Online
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Critical Reading, Writing, and Speaking (all content areas)
- Suicide Prevention - Online
- Targeting Rigor through Differentiation in Math: Grades K-5 GT Credit
- Using Self-Assessments Effectively and Purposefully - Virtual Session - Live Online
- VIRTUAL Region 11 Teaching Lab: Demonstration of Learning - Live Online
- VIRTUAL Region 11 Teaching Lab: Lesson Design - Live Online