Laying the Foundations in Science 1.0 - 23022
Laying the Foundations in Science 1.0 will focus on four topics: Classroom Management; Authentic Writing in Science, Formative Assessment Tools in Science, and Building Academic Vocabulary in the science classroom. Participants will attend all four three-hour sessions over a two-day period. This session will utilize a blend of Zoom and Canvas platforms. A pre-assignment will be provided approximately one week in advance of the start of the session. A variety of online tools teachers can use in their own virtual or face-to-face classes will be embedded.
Schedule & Location
Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Teacher Certification Candidate, Coordinators, Teacher - ESL (English as a Second Language), Teacher - Special Education, Teacher Supervisors
This session will be a blended session with some work through Zoom and some work through Canvas. Due to the move to a blended format, some portions will be modified to accommodate the settings. This is NOT a self-paced session, so virtual attendance and participation is required to receive credit.
Fee Please log in to see fees.
This session has been closed for other reasons.
Offered Again On
- Creating a Collaborative and Global Social Studies Classroom
- Engage by Design Content Series: Comprehension Series Part 1 - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Considering the gaps for guided reading instruction in grades 3-5 - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Powerful Questioning and Authentic Inquiry across the Contents (GT 6-Hour Update) - Virtual
- Engage By Design Content Series: Thinking Like a Digital Historian
- Engage by Design Content Series: Virtual Math Journals, Gr. 3-5 - Virtual
- Engage by Design Content Series: Virtual Math Workshop Series #5: Guided Math K-5 - Virtual
- Escape Room: TEKS Resource System - Virtual
- Statutory Compliance Course Bundle - Copyright - Online
- Twitter Toolkit