ESL Supplemental (154) TExES Online Preparation Course (Independent Study) Online - 21144
With a goal to increase the number of certified English as a Second Language teachers who will effectively deliver instruction to English language learners, this self-paced online training will provide participants with the research foundation and content addressed in the domains and competencies of the ESL TExES examination. As part of the development of an understanding of second language acquisition and the challenges facing the English language learners, best practices for effective instruction will be shared. Explanations of sample exam questions will be analyzed as well as test-taking tips and techniques. This course is offered in the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
Teacher - Early Childhood/PreK/Kindergarten, Teacher - Elementary (Grades 1-5), Teacher - General Education, Teacher - High School (Grades 9-12), Teacher - Middle School (Grades 6-8), Charter School Personnel, Instructional Leaders, Teacher - Gifted Talented/Advanced Academics, Title III, Part A, Limited English Proficient SSA Members
To begin your session, 4 hours after registration, log into the online classroom at https://esc11.instructure.com. Your username is your email address. Your password should match what was used during registration. If you are unable to recall your password, you may reset it by clicking the Forgot Password? link. Check your filtered spam messages if you do not receive the email. If you have problems, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Fee Please log in to see fees.
Seats Left 154
Registration Deadline 5/6/2020 12:00 am
Credit Type Continuing Professional Education
Gretchen Kroos ESC Region 11
This session has already started, so it is ineligible for a refund. Are you sure you want to register?
Offered Again On
- 1/15/2020 9:00 am
- 6/10/2020 9:00 am - Online
- CIRCLE Make-N-Take
- Deepening Independence in Readers and Writers Workshop: Engaging and Purposeful Student-Centered Experiences
- ESL Supplemental (154) TExES Preparation Course
- Jennifer Serravallo's Writing Strategies: A Three-Part Series
- North Texas RDSPD Job Fair for Professionals Working with Students Who Are Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing
- Prekindergarten Guidelines - Starting Off Right! (Two-Day Training)
- Region 11 Teaching Lab - Essentials for Impact
- Responding to Changing Demographics
- Secret Stories: A Brain-Based Approach to Fast-Tracking Phonics for Reading, K-1
- What to Do When the Kids Just Don't Get It